Background of Institution
KPJ Healthcare University College or better known as KPJUC is the education arm of KPJ Healthcare Berhad, a key private healthcare services provider. Established on 1 April 1991, KPJUC is a progressive and entrepreneurial institution of higher learning with a philosophy towards a healthy and informed society through the integration of health education, research and comprehensive healthcare service.
Reputed to be the first nursing college to conduct a Diploma in Nursing programme recognised by the Ministry of Health, and with more than 20 years of valuable experience and unsurpassed academic track record, KPJUC is a premier university college of higher learning recognised locally and internationally. It has registered a growth that is dynamic, meteoric and has made an indelible mark in its achievements ever since its inception. Its rapid expansion to fulfil market demands has made the university college not only a very viable business entity, but also a reliable and credible service provider. KPJUC is also expanding its education arm in Penang and Johor by setting up KPJ Colleges in these states.
The preferred healthcare education provider of academic excellence.
Achieving the highest professionalism in healthcare education.
What Makes Us Special
Students of KPJUC are privileged to have an extensive and comprehensive network of KPJ hospitals located in most major cities in Malaysia that act as excellent training ground for clinical education. This is complemented by the strong team of experts comprising medical consultants, senior nurses, allied health professionals and trained clinical instructors. This tradition of academic excellence is also galvanised by a team of dedicated, well qualified and widely experienced lecturers who inspire students to unleash their potential. This makes the graduates of KPJUC poised to become well rounded healthcare service practitioners.
KPJUC’s roles and objectives have become more significant in line with the growth of the industry. It has responded promptly to the human capital requirement for nurses and allied healthcare professionals to meet the needs of its network of hospitals and other private and public healthcare institutions in the country.
To date, KPJUC offers six diplomas programmes, two bachelor degrees programmes, six master programmes, and three PhD and Foundation in Science programmes under six different schools.
|1.||School of Medicine|
- Master of Otorhinolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
|2.||School of Pharmacy|
- Master of Sciences in Pharmaceutical Technology
- Master of Pharmacy
- Diploma in Pharmacy
|3.||School of Nursing|
- Doctor of Philosophy In Nursing
- Master of Nursing Science
- Bachelor (Hons) International Nursing (Provided by Hertfordshire University United Kingdom)
- Diploma in Nursing
For registered nurse
- Professional Certificate in Critical Care Nursing
- Professional Certificate in Education and Teaching for Nursing Professionals
- Advance Diploma in Peri-Operative Nursing
- Certificate in Renal Nursing
- Certificate in Paediatric Nursing
School of Health Sciences
- Doctor of Philosophy in Physiotherapy
- Doctor of Philosophy in Medical Imaging
- Master of Physiotherapy
- Master of Medical Imaging
- Bachelor of Medical Imaging
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Diploma in Medical Imaging
- Diploma of Higher Education in Operating Department Practice
School of Business & Management
- Diploma in Health Information Management
School of Behavioral Science & Humanitie
Academic Strengths and Teaching-Learning Resources
KPJUC provides excellent academic and recreational facilities such as:
- Fully equipped pharmacy laboratories
- Nursing skills laboratories
- Medical Imaging /X-ray laboratory
- Fully equipped physiotherapy gymnasium
- Lecture halls and auditoriums with audio visual facilities
- Apartments within walking distance from campus
- Air conditioning resource centre
KPJUC FAST FACTS
- The FIRST college to offer Diploma in Nursing• Fully equipped pharmacy laboratories
- The FIRST to offer Medical Specialist Programme
- Offers 22 programmes at all levels
- Empowered by more than 150 experienced lecturers
- Strengthened by more than 900 medical specialists
- Reinforced by more than 9000 healthcare professionals
- Geared with 25 hospitals worldwide
- Accessible through southern and northern affiliated colleges
KPJ Hospitals offer a number of scholarships to outstanding students annually based on KPJUC’s recommendation. Our friendly Student Affairs Staff will also assist students in applying for financial aid from other organisations.